Vocabulary Lesson 11
Plants and animals
1. arboretum - noun - a park where trees and shrubs are displayed and studied.
2. aviary - noun- Latin - avis - bird - a large cage or building for holding birds.
3. botany - noun - Latin botane -plant - The scientific study of plants.
4. chameleon - noun - lizard that changes color
5. cultivate - verb - To grow crops: to prepare soil for growing crops
6. habitat - noun - the environment a plant or animal lives in
7. nurture - verb - to help grow and develop
8. talon - noun - the claw of a bird of prey
9. terrarium - noun - (Latin terra - earth and - arium - place) a clear container housing plants
10. zoology - noun - (greek - zion - living thing - olgy - study of ) The scientific study of animals