The mission of the Lacey Township School District is to make student achievement its top priority and to educate and graduate responsible, compassionate, life-long learners who have analytical skills, intellectual resilience, and respect for self and others; who meet or exceed all New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards at all grade levels; and who are fully prepared to assume productive and personally fulfilling roles in the diverse, ever-changing world of the 21st Century.
To that end, the district will:
- Create and foster a physically safe and emotionally secure environment that promotes a high level of academic performance.
- Empower students to be self-directed learners by developing critical thinking skills, building problem solving skills, and fostering intelligent behaviors.
- Instill in students a sense of accountability for their actions and decisions.
- Afford every student the opportunity to develop intellectually, ethically, and personally to the fullest extent of his or her abilities.
- Prepare students to live and work in a rapidly changing technological world by fully infusing technology in curricula at all levels and in all subjects.
- Promote respect and appreciation for all cultures and teach students to value diversity.
- Foster an appreciation of the rights and responsibilities of good citizens and give students the skills and the desire to contribute their community, their country, and their world.
- Write and implement educationally sound curricula that are aligned with and promote proficiency in the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards at all grade levels.
- Provide for ongoing professional development that keeps all staff current in best practices in their fields.
- Provide for analysis of student performance data that fosters fully informed instructional decision-making.
- Recruit, hire, and retain superior professional staff.
- Enlist the support of parents and the community in promoting high academic standards and in providing the resources necessary to meet those standards.
- Provide administrative leadership that supports and motivates both teachers and students.
- Secure and utilize resources appropriately in support of this mission.